Final photos



This was the first photo in edited for the finals. I came up with the idea of overlapping the layers with gradients and light trails whilst exploring in photoshop. I already had the idea of adding a gradient to the work because I was inspired by photos i had seen online, i also thought it added a good contrast of colours and adds to the chaotic effect of my work. i then realised the layers can be blended so i blended two of my own photos together, this also added to the chaotic effect of my work because it is taken from a long exposure of the busy London roads and street lights.

This photo was one of the next i edited, this was mainly to show the sheer chaos that can be in ones brain. alike the other edit I also added a gradient of colour because the original colours where slightly dull. I also used light trails from long exposures taken in London city, this one however had a larger amount of light and I thought it could work over the subjects face instead of around it, showing the chaos in our heads.
The next two finals where part of a different set. This set was taken in trafalgar square in London, whilst experimenting with my cameras settings I found that if I changed the settings to take long exposures but added a flash the flash will capture a portrait for a second and by moving the camera quickly it will add the light trails from the city lights and cars! In this set however I didn't add the gradient and this is because I love how the light trails colours contrast harshly with the negative space in the background.      
Another different side to this set is that I took it all landscape which is odd for portraiture but I like how the compositions are framed. For this photo I did the same as the first however I got her mid head turn so her hair is flowing in the same direction as the light trails. I also love how the light curls around her glasses almost framing another composition for her eyes. as you can see from all of the final four photos I swayed more to the chaotic side of the theme for our exam! I also love contrasts of light and colours and wanted to achieve a new way of taking portraits, I think I achieved it in a way!

Comments

Popular Posts